Anatomy of a Smart City
|Anatomy of a Smart City|
|Team Members||National Grid; Cisco Systems, Inc.; JLL; The Daily Gazette; NYSTEC|
|Point of Contact||John P. Coluccio|
|Participating Municipalities||City of Schenectady, NY|
Showing the connecting fiber of a Smart City with Local Government, Public and Private Utilities and Services, Smart Building Technology, Communicating and sharing of Information to residents, business and the community as a whole with emphasis on security throughout the process.
Formulating a plan for collecting and sharing of analytic data while maintaining privacy for the public. Understanding the ROI of various initiatives that communities are undertaking.
- Formulating a vision for Use Cases / Needs Assessment
- Evaluation of current available technology
- Design of a Core Network(s) for Communications
- Developing strong partnerships to help guarantee success
- Create metrics to assist with understanding benefits
- Creating transparency in communicating process to stakeholders
- Create initiatives that will provide businesses, residents and travelers value and engagement.
|Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)||Measurement Methods|
Standards, Replicability, Scalability, and Sustainability
This designed project is built on the ability to scale itself both smaller and larger to have positive impacts on communities. The evaluations of ROI will help provide the sustainability model for any local government to determine its effectiveness.
Cybersecurity and Privacy
Incorporating Network Automation tools to reduce configuration issues using advanced analytics while proactively monitoring the network for cybersecurity issues. Privacy concerns will be addressed as one of the hallmarks of the project.
This project anticipates becoming a sandbox for new technology encouraging use of data for businesses to create new applications. Reduction in energy consumption for street lighting and evaluation of smart building technology are central to the project. Our partnerships with media partners aim to improve health and quality of life goals while analytics look to improve our public safety concerns.
- Provide project status report
- Network Design map of deployment showing technology
- Physical Deployment Map
- Display of Equipment employed as part of the project
- Examples of Web Design for Public Engagement