|WiseTown: Web information stream enhancer city dashboard|
|Team Members||TeamDev (Italy), Fiware Foundation, University of Perugia (Italy)|
|Point of Contact||Andrea Cruciani|
|Participating Municipalities||City of Perugia (Italy); City of Assisi (Italy)|
|Status||Ready for Public Announcement|
W.I.S.E. Town stands for Web Information Streams Enhancer for your Town. The goal of this solution is to collect information from different streams to identify the issues that affect the city in several areas: urban renewal, garbage collection, public safety, transportation, social services and environmental problems. In addition, real time analysis is accessible by creating a “Situation Room” to manage city events or emergencies.
- Collaborative and social interaction on the Town initiative
- Facilitate citizens to communicate with the city
- Workflow management of issue with feedback to the citizen (accountability)
- Analytics of the town issues in order to improve the real time event management and the periodical analysis of city events
- Assessment of specific requirements from the city(ies) involved
- Adaptation of the existing solution according to such needs
- Testing application pilot in a controlled real environment
- Refinement of application’s performance according to the feedback gathered
- Scale up the solution to a broader coverage
- Deployment of solution in city(ies)
|Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)||Measurement Methods|
Each action will be evaluated with the actual benchmarking of the same actions own by the municipalities. If the municipality lacks these data, we will support them to produce the information before WiseTown deployment.
Standards, Replicability, Scalability, and Sustainability
- This project will leverage on FIWARE (https://www.fiware.org/), a public, royalty-free and open source platform that eases the development of Smart Applications in multiple vertical sectors. Besides being one of the reference platforms for GCTC 2016, FIWARE is contributing to the International Technical Working Group on IoT-Enabled Smart City Framework launched by NIST. FIWARE brings the NGSI standard API which represents a pivot point for Interoperability and Portability of smart city applications and services.
- Such FIWARE NGSI API is one of the pillars of the Open & Agile Smart Cities initiative (http://oascities.org/), a driven-by-implementation initiative that works to address the needs from the cities avoiding vendor lock-in, comparability to benchmark performance, and easy sharing of best practices. There are currently 89 cities from 19 countries in Europe, Latin America and Asia-Pacific who have officially joined this initiative.
Cybersecurity and Privacy
- Municipality time waste reduction
- Citizen engagement and accountability
- Better urban planning and optimization of maintenance
- Real time responsivity during emergencies
- Phase I Pilot/Demonstration:
Deployment of application pilot in a real environment, testing the performance with a set of early adopters
- Phase II Deployment:
Deployment of application in the city