Smart Waste Management & Logistics: Ecube Labs
|Smart Waste Management & Logistics|
Smart waste management solution
|Team Members||Ecube Labs, City of Los Angeles, City of Baltimore, City of Melbourne, City of Shanghai, Goyang City, Ministry of Land Transport and Maritime Affairs of South Korea, Fourth Industrial Revolution Committee of Korea|
|Point of Contact||Paul Park - Global Business Development Manager at Ecube Labs|
|Participating Municipalities||City of Los Angeles, City of Baltimore, City of Melbourne, City of Shanghai, and Goyang City|
|Download||Brochure; Tech Jam Presentation|
- Deployment of solar waste compacting bins, ultrasonic fill-level sensors and trackers/beacons
- Utilization of data resource management platform to monitor & analyze various data points
The project integrates hardware (M2M) and software enabling real-time data along, route optimization, fill-level information w/ push notifications, and analysis of historical collection data.
- Create scope and requirement, project plan
- Identify the locations for hardware deployments within each city
- Information regarding MSW containers (tech specs, model no., dimensions, field pictures)
- Provide access to software data for real-time monitoring
|Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)||Measurement Methods|
Standards, Replicability, Scalability, and Sustainability
The software platform can be access either directly to through the cloud server or API access can be provided to be utilized as part of a bigger city dashboard.
Cybersecurity and Privacy
Our data is protected by extensive certified cloud security protocols including, but not limited to: HTTPS (SSL/TLS), SHA-256 password encryption, AES-256 “at-rest” database encryption, 24/7 cloud watch monitoring, C5, Cyber Essentials Plus, DoD SRG, FedRAMP, FIPS, IRAP, ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 27017, ISO 27018, MTCS, PCI DSS Level 1, SEC Rule 17-a-4(f), SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3.
We also comply with the laws and privacy regulations for: CISPE, EU Model Clauses, FERPA, GLBA, HIPAA, HITECH, IRS 1075, ITAR, My Number Act, U.K. DPA - 1988, VPAT / Section 508, EU Data Protection Directive, Privacy Act, PDPA - 2010, PDPA - 2012, PIPEDA, Spanish DPA Authorization.
We are aligned with the following security frameworks: CIS, CJIS, CSA, ENS, EU-US Privacy Shield, FISC, FISMA, G-Cloud, GxP (FDA CFR 21 Part 11), ICREA, IT Grundschutz, MITA 3.0, MPAA, NIST, PHR, Uptime Institute Tiers, UK Cloud Security Principles.
- Reduction in waste vehicle(s) and travel times
- Reduction in Greenhouse gases
- Cleaner public spaces
- Transparency & accountability to residents
- Full deployment of solar powered waste compacting bins and/or ultrasonic fill level sensors will be in use and collecting real-time used to present at the event
- Demo will include both real-time and historical data to compare results in collection frequency, travel time, waste volume, and cost