Remote Access Tools -Commercial
From GCTC Action Cluster Catalog
|Examples of Commercially-Available Online Meeting & Collaboration Tools|
|Team Members||Cybersecurity and Privacy Advisory Committee (CPAC)|
|Point of Contact||Pamela Gupta, Area Leader - Damien Thwaites|
|Contributors||Wiki Editor -Anna Lainfiesta|
To cope with the current COVID19 disruption, organizations and individuals require flexible mobile and remote work arrangements beyond their traditional workplaces, while ensuring confidential data and systems are protected.
- Businesses and organizations need convenient, affordable, and secure remote access tools and management guidance.
- There are various remote access tools that are being offered for free or with discounts for the next few months. Before implementing remote access products, organizations should carefully evaluate their needs and priorities for protecting their data and devices against the effectiveness, ease of scaling capacity, ownership costs, and technology support overheads of vendor products.
- Cybersecurity and Privacy Resilience Center (See Protect / Remote Access section)
- Cybersecurity for small business: Secure remote access - FTC’s guidance to small businesses about things to consider in securing remote access to your network.
- Free Tools, Apps, and Trials - TrendMicro has provided free Tools, Apps, and Trials to protect your devices and online activity.
- GoToMyPC - provides tools to securely access your important files, data, and applications from anywhere.
- RemotePC - provides secure remote access tools with reduced pricing for a limited time to view or control PCs, Macs, and Linux machines.
- Work remotely, stay secure—guidance for CISOs - Microsoft has shared some best practices and product information to help organizations and employees remain productive without increasing cybersecurity risk.
- Working remote due to the coronavirus? These 7 tips will help keep your connections secure - Norton has shared tips to help stay secure when you work from home.