ROSE - Real Time Operational Smart Grid for Europe
From GCTC Action Cluster Catalog
|ROSE - Real Time Operational Smart Grid for Europe|
|Team Members||Maps s.p.a. (Italy); Genova University (Savona Campus Energy Grid); ENEA - National Agency for new technologies, energy and sustainable economic development – Italy; ENEL; Clarify Austin; Integrated Planning Policy and Regulation Action Cluster - European Innovation Partnership for Smart cities (EU)|
|Point of Contact||Giuseppe Franceschelli; Sabatino Gallotta|
|Participating Municipalities||Municipality of Genova (Italy)|
- ROSE project is based on the integration and development of advanced ICT tools that can provide the coordinated work of customers, aggregator and Distribution System Operators (DSO).
- ROSE project is the support for DSOs and customers to plan and adapt the energy consumptions to the best situation, usually looking for cheaper costs.
- ROSE project is the technical and economic viability of intelligent Smart Microgrid nodes, interconnected with Smart Aggregators for global optimization as an effective way to implement an open, active demand/response system integrated with the Grid.
- The result of ROSE project is a platform integrated with Smart Aggregator and the DSO to send the D/R signals to customers.
- ROSE project is a new paradigm of heterogeneous systems interoperability with Smart Aggregator component based on Real Time Semantic Engine, fed by endogenous data grid and web & social network source appropriately distilled
- Innovative ICT technologies
- Testing and development of simulation and optimization models within Energy Management System for monitoring, planning and management of energy systems
- Improvement of economic and environment sustainability
|Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)||Measurement Methods|
Standards, Replicability, Scalability, and Sustainability
- The relevant ICT component of ROSE project is Smart Aggregator.
- Smart Aggregator is a data platform with a fully-configurable Semantic Engine to analyze, measure and evaluate Big Data in Real Time
- Smart Aggregator has a complete suite of synchronous and asynchronous API for integration with existing enterprise platforms (e.g., Operational Intelligence, Business Intelligence, etc.).
- The Smart Aggregator is a fully software solution that can be deployed either on-premise or in the cloud. As such is fully replicable. Scalability is ensured by the software architecture itself that is a derivation of a well-established web listening solution of MAPS (WebDistilled) that already handles at more than 4Million events per day. Sustainability is also ensured by the immateriality of the solution that can be replicated with a minimal environmental impact
Cybersecurity and Privacy
ROSE project optimize smart grids within three different levels:
- Data from Microgrid Operational Management
- Data from Demand/Response Productive building
- Data from Planning and Forecast
- Smart Aggregator
- DSO (Distribution System Operators)
- Decision requirements
- Market information
- Phase I Pilot/Demonstration:
- Concept and Solution Architecture Presentation
- Real Time Operational Intelligence with Smart Aggregation Demo
- Phase II Deployment:
- Pilot Project in collaboration with Municipality of Genova - Italy