Global Applications, Projects and Resources
|COVID-19 related Applications, Projects and Resources|
COVID-19 Toolkit for Global Applications, Projects and Resources
|Team Members||GCTC Cybersecurity and Privacy Advisory Committee (CPAC)|
|Point of Contact||Area Leader - Pamela Gupta|
|Contributors||Wiki Editor - Anna Lainfiesta|
There are applications being created globally to track citizens that may have COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone who is, perform surveillance, carry out tests for symptoms, etc.. These applications may have Privacy and Security risks and vulnerabilities. We at CPAC and its companion entity have Volunteers with deep Security & Privacy skills that can provide validation of Security/Privacy Architecture, Design and implementations. Please reach out to email listed on right.
Audience: COVID-19 Application leads, Privacy leaders, Lead developers, Project Management leads, Business Safety leads
There are also several projects being lead to protect against cyber attacks geared towards exploiting pandemic related efforts. This is a dynamic list of such activities where we can help provide guidance on Security & Privacy + Help funnel queries for help with threats such as phishing campaigns.
Contact Tracing Projects
- Singapore Government’s TraceTogether is a mobile application developed to support existing nationwide efforts to combat COVID-19, by enabling community-driven contact tracing. See more details HERE.
- Apple and Google partner on COVID-19 tracing tools. See more details HERE
- PandeMICs is an online COVID-19 tracker hosted by the University of New Haven that displays both the infection and death rates caused by the virus in a table and world map format. It also contains features that allow the user to pinpoint the nearest food banks and location of essential supplies, including baby supplies, cleaning supplies, food, and medical supplies. A feature on the site enables email notifications with daily COVID reports and a wellness check. See more details here
- Automated infection monitoring (created by MITRE)
- Update to Singaporean tracing app
- An international group of more than 360 cyber threat intelligence researchers from over 40 countries have joined forces to help the medical sector amid the COVID-19 crisis. The group consists of a community of Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) experts, Incident responders and Industry experts that have formed a group called COVID-19 CTI League with the mission to neutralize all cyber threats aimed at exploiting the current pandemic.The COVID-19 CTI League is currently managed by four volunteers, including Head of SecOps for DEF CON, Marc Rogers who told reporters he's never seen this volume of phishing. "I am literally seeing phishing messages in every language known to man." See more details HERE
Projects with Privacy Concerns
- Pandemic drones to monitor, detect those with COVID-19. See more details HERE