City Insight Platform- Communities in Context
|City Insight Platform- Communities in Context|
|Team Members||Vizalytics, Amazon Web Services|
|Point of Contact||Aileen Gemma Smith|
|Participating Municipalities||New York, NY, Mayor’s Office of Technology and Innovation (MOTI)|
Using data from the city, state and federal level Vizalytics will create a City Insight Platform. This will provide users with a real-time view of what is happening in a neighborhood, and can be refined by choosing which lens to view- from socio-economic indices, business climate, transportation, infrastructure, quality of life and more.
Too much data in too many siloes, and limited expertise to look beyond one agency view. This is a problem quickly increasing in density and as more data, such as from sensors is available, cities need to have solutions that are focused across different types and sources of information and not silo-ed to a single agency.
Vizalytics will scale the work done with neighborhoods.nyc into a city-wide platform that is meant for city agency officials to have a real time view across multiple agency data to understand communities in context and the risks they face.
- Content Audit
- Content Cleanup- normalization and deduplication
- Creation of ontology and taxonomies
- Content Enrichment
- Develop targeted data visualization and interactions on the Vizalytics Knowledge Graph platform
|Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)||Measurement Methods|
Standards, Replicability, Scalability, and Sustainability
- As much of the data is from disparate sources, and is classified in different ways, the more integration into our taxonomy and ontologies, the easier it becomes to work with more data sets and agencies at scale.
- Vizalytics’ city-agnostic spatio-temporal knowledge graph, standardizes the data it ingests and combines. Practically, this means that bringing a data source or even a new city into the system requires only mapping to the standard KG city schema, allowing for easy replication. When new relationships and understandings are created, they are immediately available for all integrated cities.
Cybersecurity and Privacy
Streamlining access to exiting data and bringing together disparate data sets in ways that provide access to real insight without the need for data analytics skills will increase the ability for city agencies and officials to make accurate and constructive decisions without weeks of searching and without having to engage high demand data analytics resources.
- Clickable prototype to facilitate concept development
- Limited data functional prototype for initial deployment